Tuesday, February 5, 2008

New Toy

Well I sure did it tonight. Bought myself a little Bernina sewing machine. The local Hancock Fabrics store had a sale. That wasn't why I went in there. I needed a piece of material to go with my new stash I received from the quilting club I belong to. Then I saw it, a little Bernina for a 100 bucks off the original price. Couldn't pass it up since I have wanted a Bernina for years and years. Of course it isn't the 5 grand one I wanted, couldn't afford that , but this one will do for now. At least with Bernina I can trade up later for a fancier one. This little one makes a beautiful satin stitch and that is why I wanted Bernina. They do a pretty job, so now I am happy. Also got some material to make daughter a fleece robe. All that snow and cold in Salt Lake City say's she needs one, especially made for her by mom. Hubby picked out the material and it has Tweetie Bird on it. I am sure she will like that.

Nothing else is new. Still reading blogs, dreaming of the places I want to go and things I want to see. Just keep learning about new places, things and stuff to do.

Weather is nice today. Able to get out and drive with the windows open. Can't say that for a lot of the country though. Don't think I could deal with all that cold anymore. And who wants to drive and have to deal with all that snow or sleet. Not me , that is for sure.

So tomorrow I work on sister's quilt and my collaging stuff. Thinking about printing on velum and then with gel medium transferring it to some cloth to use in the journal/altered book I am in the process of making. Got some wire at Wally World and a new book on making jewelry and want to try some wiring stuff with beads. Then of course, there is dinner to cook and the dishwasher to unload. Boring stuff for sure.

Time to close for now. Till then!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am jealous of your Bernina! I have a "close to the bottom of the line" White, but it does what I need it to do for now. Sigh.