Friday, October 16, 2009

Another Baby Quilt

Finished the top for the new granddad to be and got started on one my daughter asked me to make. Her best friend lives in the Atlanta area and just had a baby boy. I had gotten some material with all kinds of fish and things, cause daughter said that was what she wanted, so I started cutting out the blocks. I have never taken a piece of material and just cut out certain parts of it and creating a lot of scrap. ( Of course it won't go to waste now that I can do crumbs and strings, thanks to Pat of Pattilou'squilts ) It has taken me almost a month to get up the courage to do the cutting. I used my 6 1/2 acrylic block and started marking and then started cutting. That first cut was hard but I finished and now have 30 blocks. Then I cut out the same amount of bright yellow fabric in the same size squares. I may have counted wrong, but anyway I have layed them out and started to put them together. Got to get my camera back from a friend so I can take some pictures.


I linked to another web site and blog today from my friend Pat. She is really a great lady and I am lucky to have her for a friend. I posted a link to it here on my blog. A young lady with a lot of talent and heart. Check out her web site for great pricing and selection on Moda fabric. You all know how I feel about Moda fabric. Just love it. Anyway go and check out her web site and then visit her blog. She has a great video about the recent trip to an orphanage that her and her hubby got to do. Green Fairy Quilts Amazing young lady, and I have to give her a lot of respect for what she does and has three little ones at home to boot. I do remember being that young and having a lot more energy than I do now.

So that all for tonight folks. You all take care. Later

2 comments:

Mindy said...

linda, thanks so much for the really kind words and for sharing such an inspiring bit of yourself! wishstudio was created just for this reason... i really appreciate you reaching out and embracing our community. it's so wonderful to *meet* you.

Pattilou said...

You are way too kind, but you know how much I value you as a friend. Love the way you "attack" life, quilting and challenges!

Hugs to you my dear friend.
Pat